SEO(Search Engine Optimization)
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is the process of revamping your online presence (website, web apps, mobile website) such that search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu) would get to know (crawl and index) the relevant information to serve them against the user searches (Keywords).
To learn more visit-
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide by Google
- Download One Page SEO Guide by Google
- Beginners Guide to SEO by Moz
Whenever some user is searching for the information that you provides your page would be shown in search engines results pages.
If your website is optimized as per the guidelines of search engines and with quality information your web property will got an authority to be shown in search results.
There are three types of SEO as per ethics:
- White Hat SEO
- It is the type of SEO that involves good SEO practices as depicted by different search engine especially Google.
- Recommended by Google.
- It is the type of SEO that involves bad practices like hacking, redirection and other search engine manipulation techniques.
- Such SEO practitioner doesn't care about the authority of your brand.
- Make sure your SEO guy is not doing this with your website.
- It is the type of SEO practice that involves both White Hat and Black Hat SEO.
- Beware of this type of practice also.
It is recommended to go with White Hat SEO, other type can bring your website on top though the results could not be genuine and stable.
A White Hat SEO takes at least three months to show results, then slowly slowly as they build your authority and hence as a result your website starts ranking.
Why do you need SEO?
- for review of your site content and its structure.
- for content development guidelines to enhance the visibility.
- for the management of online business development campaigns.
- for keyword research.
- for training your SEO team.
- for branding, online reputation management(ORM)
- for search engine and social media marketing
Read here, what Google says about the SEO and Hiring.